Re: STG and Parallel Port

I did try using the s word along with an M3.... program execution stops.

I think the problem might be that I am using bridgeporttask as the task
controller
and minimillio as the io controller.

I will just have to play around with it and see what I can get on a parallel
port.

If the latest cvs handbook has something about this I can't see it just yet.
I don't see anything about it on the html handbook on the site.
I am on a windows box here in the office and would have to play around a bit
to be able to download cvs. If this stuff is not documented well I will take
notes,
write up what I find, and post it.

I would expect a spindle control to check for actual spindle rotation rather
than just a blind command. I can put an inductive sensor or hall effect
device
(magnetically biased) near the hex collet nut on the spindle to create a
quick and
dirty tach. I can clean this signal up and convert to a digital pulse rate
or analog
voltage porportional to rpm with a few spare components from the electronics
parts bins. At minimum I just want a digital signal to indicate that the
spindle
is in fact turning when activated, although a speed feedback signal is
almost
as easy if EMC can now handle it. It would be nice to have this come out
on spare STG i/o but it is not really necessary. Remember the spindle
motor is effectively an integrator- so in other words a control system need
only have a bandwidth of a fraction of a Hz. I think it easily can be
handled as a non real time task.

Les

Leslie Watts
L M Watts Furniture