Re: STG and Parallel Port

Paul wrote:

>Hi Les (& Bill)
>
>On Monday 18 Nov 2002 1:27 pm, Les Watts wrote:
>

>>However I also need information on spindle ,lube,and coolant inputs
>>for EMC. Searches have given little information but reading source
>>code comments have given me bit more.
>>

>There are some notes in the BDI-EMC Handbook - You can grab the latest
>handbook rpm from www.linuxcnc.org/bdi/RPMS/rpm.html

I have a schematic on my web pages of a board that interconnects all the
"stuff" to drive the auxilliary
I/O.  (That's the coolant, spindle, motion power and such.)  It also has
a watchdog timer and all-hardware
E-stop control that kills the +5 V to the solid state relays in case of
failure of the computer or
program.  If you can't read it, I can email a better, printable version.

>Right now commands like M3 in a program cause
>a halt so I have to strip them out. It seems like EMC is stopping
>and waiting for something... perhaps a lube sense?

No, the M03 NEEDS the spindle speed, even if there's no way for the
program to CONTROL the
speed.  So, put an S1 word in there (or the operator can read the
spindle speed and set it manually
until you have that feature installed).

>>So far it looks like no one
>>is using the stg i/o for this so it must be on a parallel port.
>>Is it the one I specify in the .ini? Is there a pinout? Is spindle
>>fwd/reverse etc tied to lube sense?

The STG I/O is all taken up with limit and home switches, amp faulta and
amp enables, etc.
So, yes, you need to use another parallel port for the auxilliary control.