Re: STG and Parallel Port

Hi Les

Running EMC with the same setup results in the following messages being
logged :-

Issuing EMC_TASK_PLAN_EXECUTE --         (+509,+268,    +6,m3s100g0x1,)
emcTaskPlanExecute(m3s100g0x1) returned 0
Outgoing motion id is -3.
Issuing EMC_SPINDLE_ON --        (+1304,+20,    +0,100.000000,)
minimilltool.cc 412: EMC_TOOL_MODULE: unknown command 1304
Issuing EMC_TASK_PLAN_SYNCH --   (+516,+12,    +0,)
emcTaskPlanSynch() returned 0

As you have already noted, the commanded motion does not take place.
Minimilltask does not recognise the EMC_SPINDLE_ON instruction, so returns an
error to bridgeporttask. In the process, the whole block is ignored and the
next line of the G-code file is executed.

As Jon points out, simply use minimilltask with minimillio and the problem
will disappear. If you are using a parallel port for other purposes, use a
non-existant address in the ini file for the [EMCIO] section - 0x3BC is
usually a fairly safe bet.

Regards, Paul.