Re: Using DRO data for feedback

Weyland wrote:

> > 3. edit the Tkemc file located in
> > /usr/local/emc/plat/linux_2_2_18/bin.
> > Change all references of linux_2_2_17 to linux_2_2_18.
> > Emc-run will not work until this is done.
> > I can't speak about the other icons as I only use emc-run.
>
> Uhhhh...am I looking for file names, or stuff in the files?
> Looking at file names, there are no file names using any of that.
> It's not letting me look *in* the files, because they all look like
> executables.

Open the Tkemc file up with an editor and every place you
see linux_2_2_17, replace it with linux_2_2_18.
Then save.

Your problem might be related to file permissions?
You might have to zap the file with a chmod command.

> Is there a specific format this needs to be in?
> The reason I ask is this is what I have -
> INPUT_SCALE=                  1000          0
> OUTPUT_SCALE= 1000.000 0.000

Just put your values in place of the 1000
The zero to the right is for offset, which
I'm clueless about. I just left it alone.

> So, which of those numbers do I change?
> My encoders have 120 holes, giving me 480 ppr,
> which results in 4800 p/inch with a 10 pitch screw.
> The motors are 200/400 steps.
> Figuring I'll be using a chopper driver, is that 4000?

These numbers sound right to me but following
me could be a dead end <Big Grin>.
We both might fall off a cliff !!! LOL

> Tune my motors?
> Ack.
> They haven't arrived yet. Hopefully Monday.
> Is this something I have to do physically?
> Does this have to be done first?

You can get the encoders reading on the screen
without the motors.
Tuning them is done in the emc.ini file
There are several settings. Read up on all
you can about this at linuxcnc.org

Allen