Re: Using DRO data for feedback

Getting back to this for a moment...

From: "allen" <allenf-at-choice.net>

> Just some food for thought....
>
> If you are running a BDI install version,
> you will have to do a couple of things to get
> smdromod to work.
>
> download a file from the drop box at linuxcnc.org
> called "BDI-build.tgz"
>
> next delete a line in the source code of a
> file called "dro.c". Look in /emc/src/emcmot
> The line to delete is "#define extern"

Did this now that it's there.
Aloso made a copy of it and named it dro_old.c to be safe.

> untar the BDI-build file and copy it to
> /usr/local/emc

Okay, after downloading it to a folder,
I just clicked it and it opened showing me the files
BDI_build and i586config.
I then highlighted these both, and copied them to the /usr/local/emc
directory.
then I clicked BDI_build and was given an error message that says:
"Could not execute program /usr/local/emc/BDI_build"

> Run the script BDI_build.  This file will
> recompile everything on your computer.

> Also make sure your card address, via the jumpers,
> is set for 0200.

Hmmmm...
The paperwork that came with it doesn't show that option.
I can choose 512, 544, 576, 608, 640, 672, or 736.

Thoughts?

Weyland