Re: EMC compatable computers

Bob Simon wrote:

> Has anyone here done an EMC compatibility study of the various
> motherboard/processor combinations available? I need something with a
> 700 mhz or better processor and an ISA slot.
>
> I'm discovering that each day there are fewer and fewer momboards
> available with the ISA slot needed to run EMC with a STG board. Most
> are "socket A" AMD boards, although I do see a few socket 370 Intel
> boards with an ISA slot.

Do you already have the STG board?  If not, you might be interested in
my PPMC (Parallel Port
Motion Control) board set.  Basically the same functions of the STG
(only better) and it interfaces
by the parallel port, so it doesn't need an ISA slot.

See http://pico-systems.com/PPMC.html for more info.