Re: serious problem

Hello Hassan.

Good to hear that you are running the comparisons.  I've got a couple of
questions.  I see MicroKinetics as the machine definition.  What type of
stepper motor amp are you using?  Are these full stepping?

I also see 20 ipm as rapid.  What feedrate are you running the ballbar
program with?  Do the motors exhibit the missed steps at different
feedrates?  I believe that Matt Shaver was getting 12-15 ipm as a
comfortable rapid feedrate with the NIST Sherline with a MicroKinetics
drive amp at NAMES.

So many questions, so little time.  If you are full or half stepping, I
would suggest that you switch to freqmod if your PC is up to it.  You
will need to do a bit of tuning on the PID variables (P = 400 to start)
but it should provide a better pulsetrain for full or half step drive
amps.

Hope this helps.

Ray