Re: EMC Bug???

Matt Shaver wrote:

> Yep, this is a known bug and should (I hope...) be fixed in the CVS version,
> or for that matter, the feb2002 version on Sourceforge. Fred Proctor, Ray, &
> I looked at this exact bug at N.A.M.E.S. in April and Fred had a fix for it
> (which I really hope has gotten into the CVS by now!).
>
> I'll try to verify whether it's fixed now & hopefully you can update your
> system.

Speaking of bugs, has anyone looked into the quirk in circular interpolation?
I ran some programs that run fine on my 20-Dec-1999 version (and I'm pretty
sure on my 15-Mar-2000 version, too).  But, these programs, which contain
simple contiguous 90 degree circular arc segments have a velocity hitch at
the point where it progresses to the next arc segment.  Velocity seems to drop
to 50% or less of the velocity it runs the arc at.  It appears as though it is
decelerating much more than is required, quite possibly all the way to zero,
as if it were in exact stop mode, which it was not.

This is on the 2-12 BDI version.  If someone needs the program, I can provide
a program that demonstrates the quirk.

Thanks,