EMC Bug???

I think I have come across a minor bug in EMC but am still trying to figure
it out. In the process of trying to write a new GUI for touchscreen monitors
and working on the error reporting and here's what I have found.

I purposly made errors in two files in the program directory. On error1.ngc I
changed line N3 to read N3 X40000  obviously much too large of an X move. On
error2.ngc I deleted the X on line N3  and added a . so it now reads N3 .4

error1.ngc

N1 G90
N2 G01X1Y1F50
N3 X40000
N4 X5Y4
N5 X0Y0
N6 M02

error2.ngc

N1 G90
N2 G01X5Y5F50
N3 .4
N4 X5Y4
N5 X0Y0
N6 M02

Perform a run or verify on error1.ngc it will fault with an error stating
that X is out of range. So far so good.  Open error2.ngc and do a run
or verify and it will fault with the same error as error1.ngc. On subsequent
runs or verify it will now correctly identify the error as a bad character
used. On the first run through, it seems to remember the last error and
spits it out again when it encounters a new error.

Or

Load error1.ngc put the machine into estop and try to run the file, faults
with 'cant do that while in estop'. Now turn estop off and try to run, and it
will again fault with 'cant do that while in estop' on the first pass. Run it
again and it will correctly identify the fault. Same basic problem

Tried it with my GUI, Ray's tkemc, and xemc, all act the same.

Also sometimes when verifing error1.ngc the returned fault is
"Error: N3 X40000 exceeds +X limit" and other times it will return
"Error: Linear move 3 out of range" Not sure why it does that, but
the first message is much better.

When running error2.ngc it will return "Bad character Used" with no
indication whatsoever of what the error is. I can find it by turning the
debug section in the ini file to it's max setting and looking at that, but
it seems EMC should show me the offending line number in the error
message.

Bill