Help on EMC installation .

Hello list ,
I am trying to install EMC on my desktop .
I got the BDI cd .but it is based on redhat-6.2 .It could not detect my
savage4 VGA card properly .So i wanted to try with new linux packages .
Otherwise BDi is installing well .
I got Mandrake-8.1 and Redhat-7.2 .They do detect my VGA properly (Xfree4.1)
and installs fine .
Mandrake8.1 is with 2.4.8 and redhat is with 2.4.7 .
I tried installing the available  lattest kernel-2.4.18 and rtlinux-3.1pre3
with the patch available at
http://bernia.disca.upv.es/rtportal/apps/upgrades/rt-patch-2.4.18.tgz
On both mandrake and redhat installation Rt-linux installation went on well
and also all example works fine .
But emc installation failed .After doing ./install it installs fine with few
error messages about defend files .
I tried ./sim.run after installation  it gave me error message - inivar not
found .I looked for such file .Of course  nothing was available under
directory /plat .Same case with BDI got many files inside .
Do anyone tried emc on above platform .
Anybody can tell me what changes required to install on new kernel like
2.4.18 .
I tried using default compiler supplied with the package .Is it a must to
use tested compiler version ?.
I also tried kernel-2.2.18 with rtlinux-3.0 ,  .I did not had any success
compilation on both redhat-7.2 & Mandrake8.1 with this kernel .
RTAI  patch installation also works fine .But emc could not install properly
. It gives similar message .
Is there any documentation on what changes required on EMC for installing
under new kernel .
Thanks in advance
regards
sivaraj