Re: starting up EMC/STG II day 2 A PROBLEM!

Thanks Paul!

My documentation shows stg2mod as appropriate for stg2

four axis.  I have the eight axis card.  An .ini file at Linuxcnc

Lists this as for stg2 8 axis.  However, it could be wrong.

Easy to try it.

I note in the archives that others have had this problem with

both drivers.  I really didn't see a solid problem resolution.  My

guess so far is there is some code in emcmot or something

that is a little less than robust.  Seems like it works sometimes

depending on timing etc.  I may end up playing with cycle

times and switch spacing tomorrow.

I will also look for that section in the source code.  It seems to

be a recurring problem.  I have written a good bit of math

modeling in C, but I am completely unfamiliar with compiling

using the Gnu compiler.  I am very new to Linux.     I will

have a look.

Thanks!

Leslie Watts
L M Watts Furniture