starting up EMC/STG II day 2 A PROBLEM!

Today I actually fired up the motors and amps. With a lot of
fiddling I got jog motion on all axes. I started with low P
gain values and worked up. Servo phasing was easy.

I had to flip amp enable and fault in the .ini. I misinterpreted
the documentation I guess.

The hard-wired e-stop circuit works well.

The only problem is homing. Pressing HOME on the GUI
starts motion in the proper direction in all axes. but actuating
the home switch does nothing; it just keeps going in the same direction.

The dos-based STG.exe test program detects the home switch and latches on
the index pulse properly, at least for
AXIS_0. That is all it tests.

I tried flipping the home switch polarity and even the index
pulse differential lines with no effect.

This one has me stumped. There seems to be very little documentation for the
EMC homing function. I don't even know
what side of the switch will be considered home. Does it bounce or go
through?

I am using the BDI EMC_RUN, emc.ini (modified) and
bridgeporttask.

I have not messed with any cycle times.

Was the homing commented out on this build?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Les

Leslie Watts