Re: Using DRO data for feedback

From: "allen" <allenf-at-choice.net>

> Just some food for thought....

Very hungry here...

> If you are running a BDI install version,
> you will have to do a couple of things to get
> smdromod to work.

Sock it to me.
(or is that "socket" to me?)

> download a file from the drop box at linuxcnc.org
> called "BDI-build.tgz"

Looked for it, but only found bdi8-1bin.aa(a,b, and c).
(grabbed them anyway)

> next delete a line in the source code of a
> file called "dro.c". Look in /emc/src/emcmot
> The line to delete is "#define extern"

Uh-huh.
I don't seem to have that.
(the src folder or the file)

> untar the BDI-build file and copy it to
> /usr/local/emc

I tried this, doing it according to the instruction text there.
It *did* let me do the "cat bdi* > bdi8-1bin.tgz" command,
but the "tar xzvf bdi8-1bin.tgz" command came back with

"gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
 tar: Child returned status 1
 tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors"

Ideas?

> Run the script BDI_build.  This file will
> recompile everything on your computer.

Lost me here, sorry, I'm a very ignorant newbie. (:>)

> Also make sure your card address, via the jumpers,
> is set for 0200.

Okay, will do.

> Regards,
> Allen F