BDI Kernel

Hi David

The BDI disk uses a 2.2.17 kernel from a virgin source with rtl-3.0 patched in.
There was no particular preference in selecting this version, other than I had
a known clean tarball.

The BDI is not a 'standard workstation' install - It has its roots in one, but
the packages installed are just the essential ones to get EMC running. There
are actually two BDI install options. The basic rtlinux/emc option, and a
developers system wich includes all the tools to rebuild the kernel and EMC.

I have not tried an install on a dual boot machine as I don't have a microsoft
OS on any of my computers here. I would not be able to give an unbiased opinion
on doing an install on top of Windows.
I would however, strongly recommend doing a full backup before attempting to do
any install - Be it BDI, RH, Mandrake or any other Distros. Or better still,
use a dedicated machine for linux.

Regards, Paul.