Re: Clarification on a few things

On Fri, 02 Mar 2001, David wrote:
> > On Thu, 01 Mar 2001, David wrote:
<s>
> The BDI is sounding better and better, which has raised some more questions
> in my mind. Is BDI reliant on a standard workstation installation or is it
> possible to run Win 95 (in the other partition?)as well.

During the BDI workstation install, you can manually partition the drive for
the Linux that will be added.  You would need to read up a bit on
diskDruid and on linux partitioning schemes.  But both are easy to
understand for a beginner's installation.

If windows already owns one drive, the easiest and safest solution would be
to use a second hard drive. (which you have)  The way that Druid displays
partitions, it would be rather easy to manually partition the second
drive for linux  -- you just need to work with hdb (hard drive b) or hdc and
leave hda alone.   Linux assigns hard drive names by their position
starting with a as the primary master, b as primary slave, etc.

I haven't tried a dual boot, I will soon.  My only question would be how
well the install sets up LILO for boot time.    I would certainly ask for
boot disks for both the windows and linux OS's. Then you can get in and mess
with LILO if you need to.