Re: TK_Menu error

Paul,

The system information is correct. I am running 2.2.13 kernel
with the rtl-2.0 patches on a Debian linux

The version of EMC I got was from sourceforge, it is called
emc-1.1-17.i386-rtl0.9J.tgz. I guess this is a precompiled version. This is
the only version I have been able to figure out how to get at least sim.run
to work. I don't seem to be able to compile correctly from other sources. I
am fairly new at the compile thing and am either doing something wrong or
something is not configured right on my machine, either way I get a
seemingly endless amount of errors.

I ran the tcl scripts you suggested and this is what I get as an output.

debian:/usr/local/nist/emc# IO_Exercise.tcl
plat/nonrealtime/bin/iosh: error in loading shared libraries:
plat/nonrealtime/bin/iosh:
undefined symbol: Tk_Main
debian:/usr/local/nist/emc# IO_Show.tcl
plat/nonrealtime/bin/iosh: error in loading shared libraries:
plat/nonrealtime/bin/iosh:
undefined symbol: Tk_Main

I got debian and rtl up and running without much effort. EMC is starting to
drive me crazy though, but I think it is just what I need to interface to
some equipment I have. I will try any suggestions to get this thing running
smoothly. Thanks.