Re: 5 axis controller

Hi Brian
Tried to set up Linux for Internet-Use .But my modem (isdn- I think You have
a different system ) is hooked up via the USB-Port. Could not find out how to
manage that. But there was an other mail on CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO-at-egroups.com :

>Hi Ian,
>sorry, I should have explained the cvs stuff.
>if you are running a Redhat or I suspect most other linux versions, cvs is a
>command recognized from the command line in a terminal window or from the
>command prompt in a non windowing session. It is included in the standard
>distribution code. I dont know if there is a similar utility available for
>windows. Since the first step in getting EMC running is actually to get a
>standard linux box up, getting the cvs should not normally be a problem.
>What operating system are you trying to use the cvs command with?
>CVS stands for "concurrent version system" and is a program that helps
>multiple developers work on a project.... a source code management tool.
>you can take a look at http://www.cyclic.com/ and see if there is a windows
><version or a version to match your os.

>hope this helps

So I downloaded the win-version of cvs and it seemed to work. (used it in a
dos-box so I could hack in the string)  But I got these messages:
(Logging in  to anonymous-at-cvs.EMC.sourceforge.net)
CVS.EXE [logging aborted]: could not find out home directory

Is it possible to do it this way, and if, what did I wrong ?
Thank You in advance
Peter