Re: 7-Jun (install problems)

I remember this one

<snipped from ZipEMC install notes>

The emc-07-Jun-2000 release has four files that end up being misplaced
during the initial install this bash script will fix that for the second
compile.

------------cut-here---------------
#! /bin/sh
# filename fix
# fix for emc-07-Jun-2000 misplaced files
# place this file in the /usr/local/nist directory
# you may need to set executable permissions on this
# file with ($ chmod 755 fix)
# this script will copy some files to the right
# directories so that the compiler can find them

cp emc/plat/linux_2_2_13/include/emcglb.h\
emc/plat/rtlinux_2_0/include/emcglb.h

cp rcslib/plat/linux_2_2_13/include/inifile.h \
rcslib/plat/rtlinux_2_0/include/inifile.h

cp rcslib/plat/linux_2_2_13/include/rcs_defs.hh \
rcslib/plat/rtlinux_2_0/include/rcs_defs.hh

cp rcslib/plat/linux_2_2_13/include/dbg_mem.h \
rcslib/plat/rtlinux_2_0/include/dbg_mem.h
------------cut-here---------------

Build EMC # cd /usr/local/nist
# ./install
# ./fix
# ./compile

You can now go to the emc directory,edit the .ini files and run EMC.

Brian

PS; I noticed that sourceforge has an ftp directory ,could someone
    perhaps pack up a .tgz archive of the latest source tree every couple
    months or so and drop it in there?
    I'm sure there are some folks out there who dont want to bother
    with the cvs download	 and are getting left out in the cold on this