Re:

RJH-at-inel.gov wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have been trying to set up EMC and am running into some errors. I am
> running Debian linux, linux kernel 2.2.13, and rtlinux 2.0. Both the linux
> system and rtlinux run fine. I installed EMC version emc-07-jun-2000.tgz,
> it seemed to install fine. I tried the simulator to test the install and
> got the following error.
>
> Current platform is linux_2_2_13
> Current real-time platform is rtlinux_2_0
> inivar = plat/linux_2_2_13/bin/inivar
> INIFILE = sim.ini
> starting emc...
> starting EMC MOTION PROGRAM -- emcmotsim...done
> starting EMC IO PROGRAM --  simio...done
> starting EMC TASK PROGRAM -- bridgeporttask...can't run bridgeporttask
> program
> The file plat/linux_2_2_13/bin/bridgeporttask does not exist or is not
> executable.
>
> I did a search to try and find the file but it is not on the machine. The
> closest one is /plat/linux_2_2_13/bin/bridgeportio
> what is the task file and where do I get it?

Bridgeportio is the io module that corresponds to bridgeporttask, which
is the task controller.  There are several other task controllers, which will
have task in the name.  I think they should be in the
<something>/emc/src/emctask
directory.  I think there was an error in the makefiles (or possibly the
distribution
packup) that caused this problem.  Otherwise, you should check your
install log carefully for cleverly hidden error messages among the huge
stream of text that is produced by make.  grep it for the text 'error' to
see if that word ocurrs anywhere.  If the make process croaks somewhere, it
can appear to complete, but there may be errors that scrolled way off the
screen,
and not all components have been compiled and linked.