Re: emc-0.9-25.src.tgz

On Thu, 12 Oct 2000 10:59:12 -0400 (EDT), Ray said:

>  On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, Fred wrote:
>  <s>
>  > I downloaded it, ran it, worked OK for the limited testing I did. I had
>  > a problem with the version creation script,
>  > emc/scripts/generic/setversion, which gave this error when I was root:
>  >
>  > [root-at-hostname nist]# emc/scripts/generic/setversion
>  > sed: -e expression #1, char 33: Unterminated `s' command
>  > sed: -e expression #1, char 30: Unterminated `s' command
>  >
>  > but it ran fine when I was a normal user. I looked into the script and
>  > it's OK, line by line, so I don't know what's going on. It may just be
>  > some screwy environment thing I have. If anyone else has this problem
>  > let me know.
>
>  At least you got the release to go.
>
>  I can't seem to make the setversion come out either on the .src.  But
>  packupbin and then untar and install works correctly.  Will explained that
>  with the src there is a two step process to make the version file.  The
>  date comes from the filename, the version comes from the machine doing the
>  compile.  But I got lost trying to figure out why it didn't work for me.

I have just checked in a mod to setversion to CVS that should hopefully fix
this.

-- Will

William Penn Shackleford III			shackle-at-nist.gov
National Institute of Standards & Technology	Tel:	(301) 975-4286
100 Bureau Drive Stop 8230			FAX:	(301) 990-9688
Gaithersburg MD  20899	USA
http://www.isd.mel.nist.gov/personnel/shackleford/
Office Location: Bldg. 220 Rm A253