EMC and constant contouring

I have been playing with EMC and the CYCLE parameter in the [TRAJ] section
of emc.ini.  It is set to .010 by default.  I ran an engraving program that
wasn't optimized and had lots of small line segments (.010" in length, I'm
not sure).  It ran very rough with CYCLE set at .010.  It had a case of the
jitters and seemed to have drained the buffer faster than the control could
feed it.  Then, I changed the CYCLE parameter to 0.005 and it seemed to
help a lot.   I don't have time to really tweak it tonight, but will play
with it more over the coming week.

Dan