following error

Hello,

I have recently installed emc on my machine, and have
been playing aroud with it for a little while.  What I
am hoping to do is to get it working with a little
single axis setup (servo motor, simple homebrew amp,
quadrature counter, and DAC interfaced to ISA bus)
that I have thrown togther.  When I fire up emc, and
try to "home" the axis, and jog it, I get a follow
error, and the machine goes into E-stop.  I assume
this is because my PID parameters are way out of wack.

Is there some line in the code that I can comment out
that will prevent this error (and subsequent E-Stop)?
So that I can tune the loop properly?

Also, does anyone have any idea what I might use as
good starting PID parameters?  right now, I just have
the porportional gain set to 1.

One other thing I am curious about.  When I tried it
the first time, it went into E-Stop and I reset.  Then
I was able to turn the shaft and have the X axis show
a position change on the EMC display.  I have not been
able to reproduce this again.  Does anyone have any
ideas?

Thanks In advance for any help.

Garrett.