Running the EMC program

I know this is very basic, but I have not figured this out yet.

How do I move programs in to the linux box and how do I open them once they
are there?

I can move files from my win95 box to a dos partition in the linux box.

I can then move the program to the programs directory under EMC.

I can open and run the program from emc, but I can not read the program name
when I select "File Open".
This requires me to know the file name and type it in the selection box.

Is this the procedure?  There must be an easier way.

Can some one tell me how to move files and run programs with out going
through all these steps?

I still have not figures out how to move a file to the win95 box from linux.

I guess if I knew anything about linux I wouldn't have these problems.

Help!

Charles Hopkins