Re: rtlinux_2_0 mixed results...

At 10:04 PM 3/24/2000 -0500, Bill wrote:
<snip>
>Clint;
>
>Just a guess, but are the parallel port addresses correct in
>the Ini file? If the IO files are looking for non existant
>ports it seems like it would not run too good. As I said,
>just a guess.

>From what I've been able to see, both I/O files should let the screen come
up on your favorite gui.  Minimill I/O doesn't much care whether there is
hardware out there or not.  You just have to define the enable, estop,
home, and limits right.  I do that each time with trial and error. Must be
oldtimers disease!  You may not be able to get out of estop if the address
you select is held high or low but it should start up.

Bridgeport I/O seems to be more sensitive to real hardware addresses.  Here
I have to put my second printer port card in and boot in order to get the
bridgeport system to work at all for me.

When you get that far, there is a file (ioshow.tcl) in the dropbox that
will allow you to see the pin voltages on 0x278 and 0x378.  you can start
this stand alone by starting a second terminal.

Make the file runnable with chmod -v a=rwx scripts/ioshow.tcl

Linux should respond with something like rwx-rwx-rwx which means okay.

Then edit the third line of ioshow.tcl to reflect your directory,
linux_2_2_13. And start it up from the emc directory

scripts/ioshow.tcl.