Re: Problem in Mar 15 build?

Fred Proctor wrote:

> Jon Elson wrote:
>
> > Anyway, I was able to jog around for a while, and experiment with the
> > backlash compensation.  But, there was a very strange phenomenon!
> > You've managed to make a beautifully tuned servo machine sound like
> > a stepper-driven one!
>
> One thing we added since the 20-Dec-1999 release was the quantization of
> the output to the nearest input step. This sounds like it might be the

OK, this sounds like it would be the cause of the humming.

But, what about the hanging up of the UI?  How many people are using the
15-Mar-2000 version, and have any of you had problems with it hanging
up, after working OK for a while?  What I'm having here is the UI gets stuck,
and fails to respond, while the real-time part continues on as if nothing
is wrong.  One time it just hung the UI, the other time it hung at least the
entire X system.  I'm using XFree86 on Red Hat 5.2 (2.0.36 Kernel).