Re: Problem in Mar 15 build?

At 05:41 PM 3/24/2000 -0500, Jon E. wrote:

>But, what about the hanging up of the UI?  How many people are using the
>15-Mar-2000 version, and have any of you had problems with it hanging
>up, after working OK for a while?  What I'm having here is the UI gets stuck,
>and fails to respond, while the real-time part continues on as if nothing
>is wrong.  One time it just hung the UI, the other time it hung at least the
>entire X system.  I'm using XFree86 on Red Hat 5.2 (2.0.36 Kernel).

I've been running it for a week now on a system somewhat like yours.  I
can't say that I've had unexplained crashes.  I've had several during my tk
writing sessions but I attribute them to my own humanity.

I'll assume that you are using the released tkemc rather than the one on
linuxcnc.org.  That one is script enabled and I did find a small bug that
will hang on the tk_filedialog routine ocasionally.

I hung my machine several times while setting up PERIOD -- 0.000025 and I
can see that linux is getting short shrift.  But you shouldn't have that
problem with servo's.  Are you using the same display times in both ini's?