Re: opto22 AC5 IO card

Hi Fred

IO_Exercise.tcl can be used for ANY IO address, not just the parallel port.
IO_Show.tcl is about the only tcl/tk script that has port addresses hard
coded in - But this would be fairly easy to change if you needed something
different.

Modifying bridgeportio is a simple case of writing a basic set of IO routines
to take advantage of the features of your particular card - Have a look at
src/drivers/parport.c as a basic example. Once the IO functions have been
coded, a small change to the Makefile in emcio so that your code is linked to
bridgeportio is all that is needed.

When I need a sustained output from freqmod, I set the min and max limits to
an extreme value - +/-1000000 is a typical value I use. Without being
connected to real iron, EMC can be driven for miles without hitting the
limits.

Regards, Paul.

--

"To err is human...to really f*** things up requires the root password."