Thoughts on EMC's design and implemenation

I have been interested in motion control for as long as I can remember.  I
stumbled upon EMC a year or so ago and have learned a lot from reading posts
and source.

I was currious if anyone had any thoughts about EMC's design and
implementation.  EMC and supporting software has been coded in a wide range of languages
(I thought Tcl was dead :)).  Why is that?  I know that C has been the
typical language to write this kind of software in but C++ is getting more and
more popular across the board.

Any thoughts or commnets would be appreciated.

Thanks.

--adam

http://www.gmx.net