Bigger iron.

List;

"I've been using the emc for a couple of years now on a Cincinnati
'contourmaster' ( 1960's knee mill) converted to servo's and now running BDI
2.10.   I've finally become comfortable with emc and it now feels natural.
IOW-I can actually get something done with minimal pain.

"I spent yesterday afternoon getting  a Mazak V5 (8500+ lb) shoehorned into
my shop. The 6.5' by 8' door became a 10' x 10' door! This machine has a
nearly dead Fanuc 7 control. The plan is to convert to EMC in the next few
months.

Eventually this will mean the need to develop a significant PLC for the
tool changer and various hydraulic and air pressure sensors.  I would
also like to set up spindle speed control and hard tapping.

What problems will I likely encounter with this retrofit?"

Dave