RE: Bigger iron.

Dave,
I came across this - ClassicLadder - a while back:
http://membres.lycos.fr/mavati/classicladder/

It's a linux plc that can be programmed in ladder logic and can read and
write to real I/O.
The developer made a few modifications so that it could be run in rtlinux.
I always hoped that this program, or one similiar, could be used in
conjunction with emc to allow the user to develop machine dependant logic.
I am not a programmer - so I don't know how to develop my ideas aside from
posting to this list - but if I where, I would write a program that would
allow the user a way of configuring analog and digital I/O to hardware
specific hardware addresses, possibly in a table form.  Then I would write
the plc logic using the established addresses.

Kurtis