Re: need help compiling EMC

On Saturday 03 August 2002 10:01 am, you wrote:
> Hi Ray,
> the motor that am using is VEXTA.with a gear box...the motor it self is
> 1.8 degrees per pulse...which is reduced using the gear beox to 0.25
> degrees per pulse
> its 2A DC,  1.4 ohm resistance, 2 phase unipolar stepper motor.
> working with EDE 1200 chip...and am setting the IC to full step...
> the computer is pentium 1 -160MHz

I can see why you get so many steps per unit.  These gear reducers really
step down.  I've got several Vexta's with gearbox but haven't figured out
how to use them.  They seem to run fine with the Gecko drives but I'm
using about 50 volts.  What is your power supply voltage?

> when i use the g-cod g00....the motors does not move, so i have to use
> g01 for all the movements and include the feed rate f10.

Well if they run at f10 okay you could set

[TRAJ]

DEFAULT_VELOCITY =      0.0167
MAX_VELOCITY =          0.167
DEFAULT_ACCELERATION =  5.0
MAX_ACCELERATION =      5.0

and in each axis you will need to set

[AXIS_0]
MAX_VELOCITY =                  0.167

You should understand these numbers as units per second.  You can
calculate max velocity by dividing the feed per minute by 60.

> what does AXIS SPEED represent ....is it the feed rate

Axis speed on the gui is the jog feedrate.  It only makes a
difference in manual mode.

> what does FEEDLIMIT OVERRIDE represent....

Override works in any mode and is the percentage of the programmed
feedrate that you want the axis to run.  For example, if your feedrate
was programmed to f10 then a feedrate override of 50 would reduce that to
5 units per minute.  Feedrate override of 120 with the same feedrate
(f10) would mean that you would be running 12 units per minute if that
was not faster than rapid allowed.

You can reduce a rapid or a feed using it.  You can not increase a rapid
past 100% but you can increase feeds past 100 up to the rapid rate.

Hope this helps.