hi

 Hi Paul,

Thanx for ur reply and clarification of Pport i tried accessing that port but i could access only e-limit that is in output mode and other outputs aren't working on my interfacing card i don't know what is going theoreticaly everything is very very right but in practical mode it puts me in a desperate situation.

My interfacing card consists of 8 relays of 12 Volts with on input i have got an IC "ULN2003A" , paperwork shows me that when i will get a HIGH signal from Pport or STg board it will go on to ULN2003A then this IC will convert that HIGH signal into LOW and that will Energize my Relay's coil with a 12V supply on the other point of coil but it isn't working at all, I can't see the result of my nature.With all connections done rightly {s i think} i start my comp all relays are in energized mode and i can't understand why and after linux is successfully loaded 5 of them de-energizes and three are permanently on with Spindle,Brake and E-stop so what is that ??

Plzz try pulling me up from this situation and yes Plzz tell me about PPORTS pin config may be i am making a mistake in assembling that cable ! And yes the cable which i am using for connection is a 50 pin one. That was initially for STg board Port 1 to access all three A B C ports with A and c (4-lower pins) for input and B and C(4-higher) for output i disconnected B and C port with A left for 8 inputs from x and y axis . Even pins of that connector were grounded and ODD were used for data communication.So i arranged 18 wires from that 50 pin con to connect port 1 and other wires for P-Port by connecting 31-17 ( 8 pins) to it the way it was written in helpfile and cpp file of I/O, well i didn't know where to connect GND for Pport so i took a chance and connect it to pin 20 of Pport . Well the outputs pins conected to Pport should communicate thru this cable but they aren't i can on;y work with e-stop in pin 16 of Pport and other aren't working i canno! t start spindle with other spindle's option Spindle-inc,dec,fwd,rev brake is permanently on with computer not depending upon EMC config.

So plz tell me how to coonect Pport should i use a 25 pin cable for Pport or can i manage it with 50 pin one and what will be the pin config for Pport usually (as i think not sure )pin 2-9 is for d0-d8 other 4 are for input from Cpu with 4 other for output and other for gnd, plz confirm it.You see this is the last thing which is remaining in my project else i have everything ready i even cut a job on CNC lathe machine with perfection and had encoder , driver everything going right to my favour now this tail is left to be pulled out so help me plzz.

With thanx

Nasir Ahmed

Do You Yahoo!?