Re: hi - Parport question

Hi Nasir

The IO needed for Spindle, brake, and coolant is handled from the Printer
(parallel) port - For this, you will need the 25 pin D connector.
The ini file needs three sections set up, these are :-

; Task controller section
[TASK]
; Platform for task controller
PLAT =                  nonrealtime
; Name of task controller program, e.g., bridgeporttask
TASK =                  bridgeporttask

; section for main IO controller parameters
-----------------------------------
[EMCIO]
; Platform for IO controller
PLAT =                  nonrealtime
; Name of IO controller program, e.g., bridgeportio
EMCIO =                 bridgeportio

And a little further down in this section :-

; address for parallel port used for auxiliary IO
PARPORT_IO_ADDRESS =    0x278

This parameter might need to be set to 0x378 depending on where your parallel
port is mapped. Note - Even if you have bridgeportio specified, it will not
work unless you also use bridgeporttask as shown above.

If you start up EMC, under the scripts menu of tkemc is IO_Show - Use this
and click on the toggle button to see the pin assignments. IO_Exercise is
another handy little script for seeing what the parallel port is doing.

Regards, Paul.

P.S. It looks like there is a fair bit of interest in using the STG card for
ALL the IO. Perhaps we need to write another IO controller...