From: emc-at-nist.gov [emc-at-nist.gov]On Behalf Of Jon Elson
Sent: Sunday, July 21, 2002 1:20 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: need help finding unresolved symbols

Hello,

I'm having a problem finding the source of some unresolved symbols caused by
by adding a substantial amount of code to EMC.  This is mostly a driver for
my
own servo I/O cards, but it involved adding a new structure to the
EMCMOT_STRUCT structure of structures, to pass all digital I/O over the
'wall' to the RT side, so that everything can be connected through one
parallel
port without interference.  I made this work with an old RedHat 5.2 EMC
version (Mar-2000) but in porting it over to the BDI CDROM 2.12 enough
things changed to foul me up.  I now have it compiling without errors, but I
get the following when I run it :

    fi
    plat/$emcmot_plat/bin/$emcmot -ini $INIFILE &
    echo "done"
  ;;
esac
$inivar -ini $INIFILE -var SHMEM_BASE_ADDRESS -sec EMCMOT
$inivar -ini $INIFILE -var STG_BASE_ADDRESS -sec EMCMOT
plat/rtlinux_3_0/lib/ppmcmod.o: unresolved symbol rtl_printf
plat/rtlinux_3_0/lib/ppmcmod.o: unresolved symbol shm_allocate
plat/rtlinux_3_0/lib/ppmcmod.o: unresolved symbol pthread_setfp_np
plat/rtlinux_3_0/lib/ppmcmod.o: unresolved symbol gethrtime
plat/rtlinux_3_0/lib/ppmcmod.o: unresolved symbol rtl_sched
plat/rtlinux_3_0/lib/ppmcmod.o: unresolved symbol shm_deallocate
plat/rtlinux_3_0/lib/ppmcmod.o: unresolved symbol rtl_setclockmode
plat/rtlinux_3_0/lib/ppmcmod.o: unresolved symbol pthread_delete_np
plat/rtlinux_3_0/lib/ppmcmod.o: unresolved symbol pthread_make_periodic_np
plat/rtlinux_3_0/lib/ppmcmod.o: unresolved symbol pthread_wait_np
plat/rtlinux_3_0/lib/ppmcmod.o: unresolved symbol __pthread_create
can't install it
echo $emcmot | sed s/\\.o//g

These don't look like things that I had anything to do with, so I must have
caused
the link process to fail to link some libraries against the other components
of
the ppmcmod.o

I'm guessing there is an incompatibility with one of the files that I had to
replace,
but if someone can give me a hint as to which one it is, it will save me
some
time!

Thanks,