Saving G-codes file/EMC

HI everyone,

I'm using the BDI v2.12.
I can't seem to save a file in text format into the
File:/usr/local/emc/programs/
I made some g-codes with deskam and converted to a text
formatt. Then I got the floppy and installed in the second computer
and I was logged in as root and pressed the floppy Icon.
Then it displayed all the files in the floppy. I then clicked on a text file
and it came up on the screen. Then I pressed the file icon and a menu
came out and I clicked on the save as button and the save as
screen appears. I typed  /usr/local/emc/programs/ for my
location and then I pressed o:k then a box appears and states Warning
A document with this name exist already. Do you want to overwrite it?
Yes, or No. Well, I press Yes, then it Says Sorry could not save the document!

I tried it a lot of different ways and there was a couple of times when my
screen got blanked (black).

Can someone show me how to install a file into the program location
so when I want to execute a G-code file in the TKEMC screen I would
be able to.

Thanks,

Juan