New EMC Release

EMC folks,

I set up an EMC mailing list, emc-at-nist.gov, to which this message was
sent. I already subscribed myself, Will Shackleford, Matt Shaver, and
Jon Elson to this list. I will take you off if you don't want to be
subscribed. I'll forward subscription/unsubscription info once I figure
it out. You don't need to be a subscriber to mail to the list, but you
do to read it.

I posted a new release of the EMC software on the FTP site. This fixes
Jon's problem with the G92 axis offsets getting clobbered when the
program ends. According to the RS-274-NGC spec this is what is supposed
to happen, but since these offsets are not stored anywhere and can't be
recovered, I decided to hell with the spec.

I also fixed a problem that occurred when switching from MDI to manual
mode, while a move was executing, that put you into auto mode instead.
Jon did this to set the feed override for an MDI move, since the 0-9
keys no longer function as feed override accelerators in MDI mode. Note
that switching into manual mode aborts any motion, since the motion
system can't handle simultaneous free axis and coordinated axis motion.

To change the feed override in MDI mode, you must use the mouse. I
propose getting rid of the use of the 0-9 keys for feed override, and
replacing them with Alt-0-9 or Ctrl-0-9. This would work in MDI mode.
Comments?

--Fred