Re: New EMC Release

Fred Proctor wrote:

> I posted a new release of the EMC software on the FTP site. This fixes
> Jon's problem with the G92 axis offsets getting clobbered when the
> program ends. According to the RS-274-NGC spec this is what is supposed
> to happen, but since these offsets are not stored anywhere and can't be
> recovered, I decided to hell with the spec.

I got the new release, the G92 works just fine, THANKS VERY MUCH,
Fred!  It is just so much more convenient than the G10 L2 Pn, which
is based on the machine reference point, rather than where you are now,
so you have to do arithmetic.

I also broke a timing belt in my Y axis drive a couple days ago, right in
the middle of milling.  I decided that I was having too much of a jerk
when motion started since I put in the FF1=5.0 parameter, and I'd
better look into it before I broke another belt.  Well, the default
acceleration was 10.0, and that is in/sec squared!  A bit much for a
bridgeport, and the logging charts show it was actually doing it!
I changed it to 2.0 in/sec sq., and things are a lot more gentle, now.
By the way, what is the difference between default acceleration and
maximum acceleration?

By the way, a group of 5 people are building my servo amps, and
some of them are seriously considering EMC.

Thanks,