Re: Boot Disk from BDI

Paul -
I am still unsuccessful in creating an emergency boot disk.

>From /home I issued the command:

	mkbootdisk 2.2.18-rtl3.0

Linux returns:

	Insert a disk in dev/fd0      (I already had one there)
	Any information on the disk will be lost.
	Press <Enter> to continue or ^C to abort:

I press enter and then I get the message:

	Mount: /dev/fd0 already mounted or /temp/mkbootdisk busy
and then the normal prompt appears.

What do I do now?  Normally if I want to see the files on a floppy I
cd to /mnt/floppy and then ls -la and it lists the files okay.

Jack

Paul wrote:

> The boot images on the CD are for booting the CD only - If you need to make a
> boot floppy for your installed linux system, then you need to use:-
> mkbootdisk 2.2.18-rtl3.0
>
> See -at-man mkbootdisk' for more info.

I looked but wasn't able to get info that I needed.