Boot Disk from BDI

First question:
After installing, and in the process creating a boot disk, I later
found that the boot disk didn't work, apparently damaged because I
couldn't read it with windows explorer.

In trying to find out how to make a boot disk from Linux I found and
tried this command:

dd if=/mnt/cdrom/images/boot.img of=/dev/fd0 bs=1440k

after inserting the BDI cd and a formatted floppy.

It worked to a degree, however when I checked it for starting it puts
me in the mode to install the BDI all over again.  I don't understand
this, in that if I want to reinstall it again what do I need the boot
floppy for?  The BDI CD boots itself.

I thought that the boot floppy was for the purpose of getting linux
up and running so that if it wouldn't boot from the hard drive, one
could boot into it from a floppy and hopefully be able to get into it
and fix the boot problem.

Second question:
  I understand that it is necessary to put linux on drive C.
If this is true then I see a problem with my intentions.  I plan to
set up a new computer in addition to the machine computer (which is
set up only with BDI).  On the new computer I want to install the BDI
for experimental purposes,  a full fledged Linux Red Hat 7.0, and
Windows98, then use a LiLo start up.  Is this possible? Can I have
the three different systems in three different partitions?

Jack Ensor