Re: Boot Disk from BDI

Jack

I believe that the install routine makes a linux native format  (ext2) on
it's own boot disk.  This is not compatable with Dos formatted disks and
would not be readable from windows.  If you want to test it, power down,
set your PC to boot only from floppy, stuff it in there and power up.  You
should get a kernel that loads and runs.

Ray

On Sunday 30 December 2001 12:53 pm, you wrote:
> First question:
> After installing, and in the process creating a boot disk, I later
> found that the boot disk didn't work, apparently damaged because I
> couldn't read it with windows explorer.
<s>