Re: EMC and BDI install

Darrell

http://www.machinemaster.com

> > Guys,
> >
> >  I have few comments on EMC and the BDI image, please dont get me
> > wrong...
> >  I recently downloaded the bdi image with the bdiemc-2.11-01.img and I
> > am very impressed with
> > the ease of installation, it picked out the video and monitor hw,
> > etc,etc,etc. excellent
> > job.
> >
> > However, I would like to know few things related to both EMC and the
> > BDI image.
> >
> > regarding EMC, How is Backlash compensated? I have 0.008" Backlash on
> > my X axis and it
> > does not compensate it at all, every commanded move I issue, is done
> > very well but the
> > first. I have both used 0.02 mm and 0.008" values and it does not seem
> > to compensate it
> > at all, the input value is 5000 for each axis.

This might relate to how you are homing. If the last move in homing the X axis
is in the negative direction and then the first commanded move is in the
positive direction the compensation will not be added to the first move.
When homing. give an offset greater than the compensation value so that when the
machine hits the switch it backs off in the positive direction taking up the
backlash.