Re: slowed down system speed

On Monday 10 December 2001 12:31 pm, ruetemann wrote:
> Hello,
> I've installed a new 4th axis on my computer. It is a 133 Mhz Pentium.
> Before the new axis the speed was really OK, but now it is to slow.
> (Nedds 2 sec for ls /root, and very long for init 0,with emc loaded)
> I've attached my ini.

You define the 4th axis as 200 pulses per linear mm while the others are
set to 80 ppmm.  This will make the pulse binning routines work somewhat
harder.  I was able to make your ini run okay on a 150 mhz P2 here
although the display was slow.   Not long ago, a user had a similar
problem with a 133 processor.

> Another question,
> everytime when I home my axis,I get the message, that maxium hardware
> level has been reached.I only have minimum and maxium switches. Normally
> I ignore the message, but can I switch of it, because homing runs
> normal,after getting red letters in TKEMC,they become green.

You set an axis in motion at 15 mm per minute and watch for the home
switch.  That axis does not stop instantly when home is found so it is
beyond home when it stops.  It will move back to the home position or to
the HOME_OFFSET beginning on the next motion loop but the MIN_LIMIT   and
MAX_LIMIT  are tested during this time.  You need to add some little
distance for this over travel in the MIN_LIMIT or MAX_LIMIT direction.

I think that the amount of distance to add is related to the speed the
axis is traveling during home,  the deceleration that has to be applied,
the motion loop frequency, and the number of pulses per unit.