CAM software

Now that we have managed to resolve our hardware problems, and it looks like
EMC is now up and running, we wish to know about CAM software.

We are currently using Rhino3D, but we find this somewhat cumbersome to use.
We found that with ACAD 14, you almost had to be a rocket scientist to draw
in 3D.

We have a 4 axis Drill/Mill and now want to take our project from paper to PC.

Any comments would be most welcome.

We have no preference as to platform (Linux/PC), but we need to be aware of
the limitations of our Linux box. P133, 48Mb RAM, 3Gb HDD, 2Mb Video. Not a
strong machine, but adequate to rum EMC on. Our development machine is an
old Duron 800 with 1Gb RAM, 64Mb Video & 40Gb HDD. So this machine is the
preferred CAM machine. No, the Linux box is stand alone, no networking is
envisaged at this time.

Obviously we don't wish to spend a fortune on the software, but if this is
what it takes, we will investigate it.

I look forward to your valuable comments.

Regards

Fred Zinsli

Disclaimer:
The content and attachment/s of this message have passed our virus scanning process. Whilst we believe this message to be safe, we encourage the use of your own preventative measures.

The information contained in this E-mail is CONFIDENTIAL and may be LEGALLY PRIVILEGED, intended only for the recipient named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use, review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message and attachments in error, please notify the sender and destroy the original message. You are also notified that the views expressed in this E-mail do not necessarily reflect those of the company.