Re: EMC startup error

Niyom

You may be way beyond this but I tried doing what you did with group and
user ownership of the EMC and RCSlib directories and got about the same
result that you seem to getting.

When I went back to root ownership and suidroot for a few files like
insmod, rmmod, mubff, and a few of the emc/plat/nonrealtime/bin files, it
was easier to operate as a common user.  There is some info about doing
this on the linuxcnc.org/handbook/faq/faq.html#q_3 (you may have to look
around a bit.  My copy is dated.

Hope this helps.

Ray