AW: help

Hi Enrique,

>   I got a stgII card and it turns out that I dont really need it, well,
> I got it and the mill has servo motors, so I dont have to replace them,
> I guess I would need a driver card to interface the STGII with the
> servos, anyone knows of a good, reliable and not very expensive card
> that works with A/C servos.
>  the servos are from GOULD and rated at 12.5 amp, in the mill there are
> power drivers GETTYS 360, Three phase halfwave controllers., 240 VAC
> and 12.5A Rated Motor Current.

The STG-II card is okay for your configuration. You just have to connect the
analog outputs of the STG-II card to your servo drivers. They will normally
take a current in the range 0 .. 10 V to set the desired speed. Also, you
will have to connect your encoders to the encoder inputs of the STG-II card.
You may want to tune your servo drivers (no integral value, maximum
proportional value) before you tune your system using the axis controller
(EMC).

Please correct me, if I am telling you crap and that's not your
configuration.

Markus