Re: phase stepping

Hi Paul

I run maybe 10 linux boxes at home and work. sure rh7.2 is beta,
but my exxperience is that on current boxes it works really
well, easily best redhat yet.

On older boxes its more iffy. rh7.2 uses xf86-4.1, which is
documented as incompatible with older S3. (I think?)
But works a lot better on matrox and nvidia for me.

My problem on the p-pro was kernel however, seems 2.4.6
did not like  the hardware.

rh6.2 makes more sense on anything more than a couple of years
old still in my opinion, but I have no real experience with
realtime linux variants.

regards, john