RE: EMC I/O tcl

Ethan

Well the popups are a start.  If you are running as a common user rather
than root.  You will need to change the permissions of
emc/plat/nonrealtime/iosh and make it setuidroot.  As root issue the command

chmod a+s    (your emc location)/emc/plat/nonrealtime/bin/iosh

That gives iosh permission to access the real io devices.  These two
scripts are the only ones that use this file so the others could well work
okay and these fail.

What you might try is logging in as root and move your terminal to the emc
directory.  Then start IO_Exercise.tcl by itself without the emc running.

[ray-at-localhost emc]$ su
Password: **********
[root-at-localhost emc]# tcl/scripts/IO_Exercise.tcl

You can then set the widget to the correct parport address and set
individual pins or collections of pins within the 8 bit address.

If this works then the problem has to be some sort of permission problem.

Ray