smdromod adventures

As everyone probably knows by now, I've had
no luck getting encoder feedback on the
Z axis. X and Y are fine. They move a little
funny but that's another bridge to cross later.

I got my emc box back and browsed thru the source
code in dro.c and sure enough it looks to me
like it will accept and read 3 axis input.

I stumbled upon a script called "drotest" in the
/emc/plat/linux-x-x-x/bin directory. I ran this
from the console and it recognizes the dro card,
the address, and all 4 axis.

I've swapped the LS7266 chips on the dro card,
I've swamp encoders. I'm 99% sure it's not a
hardware problem.

If it's not hardware, that only leaves software.
Is it possible that something is wrong with
emctask, emcio, or even tkemc??

Another thing that bugs me is a guy on the CCED
group has had that same results I've had.

Anybody out there have some thoughts about this?

Thanks,
Allen F