fsck and Bdi

While tuning the .ini file and trying to open up the control program, my
computer locked up, and I hit the reset button. Now while booting up, I get
the following. /dev/hda2:unexpected inconsistency; run fsck manually (i.e,
without -a or-p options. I then put the password in for the maintenance
mode. If I type fsck I get parallelizing fsck version
1.14[root-at-localhost/root]#. If I type fsck/dev/hda2 I get bash!
fsck/dev/hda2 no such file or directory. Being a Linux dummy I am lost. What
do I do to fix this? When Linux locks up is there anyway to unlock it
besides reseted the computer?
                               I need help George