Re: RTAI in CVS version

Charly Brauer wrote:

> Will,
>
> Why is RTAI being used?  Is it simplier than rtlinux?

RTAI and RTLinux have about the same level of complexity. The
performance and feature sets are very similar also. There are some tools
that work with RTAI and don't work with RTLinux such as the Linux Trace
Tool. There are a few people who have reported problems that are
difficult to track down but may be related to RTLinux. They might be
able to test that assumption by running with RTAI instead. RTAI also
comes with some ( of the embedded linux distributions.

They are similar enough that it looks like it will not be that difficult
to support both. If anybody finds a really compelling reason to use one
or the other other than the fact that we have a lot more experience with
RTLinux please let me know. Otherwise I thought its just nice to know
you have options.

-- Will